View Single Post
Old June 15th, 2011, 10:25 PM   #40
lilyanx217
ninjette.org member

Name: Raymond

Motorcycle(s): Kawasaki Ninja 250R 2008 White

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaHooligan View Post
SWEET JOB STACEY! my front forks are getting soft and Im at 20k miles on the odometer so its over due for fresh oil. This will help me save alot of cash, thanks bro.
Just to let you know... If you are having trouble getting the allen screw/bolt out from the bottom of the forks even though you loosened it, you have to put the spring back in and apply pressure to it while you loosen it. Thats how I got it out. It took me about 3-5 hours just trying to figure it out but I didnt have time to finish it. Just when i was about to bring in the forks to the shop for them to disassemble it for me, the guy told me that I needed to put everything back together even with the oil to take the allen bolt off. So i tried that WITHOUT the oil and it worked.

Just wanted to let you know so you can save A LOT of time. And you need to take the allen bolt off before you try to yank apart the bottom part and the top part (black part and silver part.... i think its inner forks? i dont know whats it called)

If you don't take out the allen bolt, you can't take it out even with 2 people.... I tried...
lilyanx217 is offline   Reply With Quote