View Single Post
Old April 2nd, 2013, 11:30 PM   #2
NathanUc
B-Town Ninja

Name: Nathan

Motorcycle(s): Black 2013 Ninja ZX6R ABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozzie View Post
Here are my thoughts on both these boots! For people thinking of getting riding boots, I definitely recommend including them as part of your everyday gear. A great investment as they are so practical, comfortable and the ankle/foot protection is a heck of a lot safer than regular shoes.

Alpinestars S-MX 5- slightly more stiff and less traction on the sole, possibly more protective with the plastic exterior. The white adds some visibility so that is nice compared to the all black. The side zipper zips and feels a bit more comfortable than the Sired when comparing the two for me. Better airflow than the Siren, the material under my foot stays cooler.

Dainese Siren: Better for walking around in (ie grocery shopping, going to the mall for a few items) All leather and rubber, so it's softer and more comfortable wearing. Practically no break in period necessary, compared to the S-MX which was stiffer for longer period of time. Non slip sole is great and waterproof interior.

Both are lightweight, great quality booths, so I recommend both!
Thank you for this post. I need to get my girlfriend some boots before she starts riding passenger and this post was really useful information. It seems like the Dainese boots might suit hre better.
NathanUc is offline   Reply With Quote