View Single Post
Old July 23rd, 2011, 09:02 AM   #30
coondog
ninjette.org sage

Name: john

Motorcycle(s): 2005 ninja 250 street fighter, 2008 street fighter ninja 500, 2001 nsr 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
So my parents kicked me out because they are tired of me riding my ZX6R, with two accidents that injured me. But I refuse to give up riding since I must have sportbikes til I die. The latest accident left me 1,500 dollars worth of damage that I take it for granted. (frame slider did its job!)

Now the issue is, that my dad decided to lock up my ZX6R til its paid for. Because he was the cosigner of my Kawasaki account. But he has never paid a dime, and I have been responible for the account 3 years straight with no missed payment. Dad say I will never get it back until it's paid for which is an asshole move on his part.

So I wonder if I can get police involved in this and take back my 6R when I head out 200 miles away from my hometown because I do not want to pay dues for something that I can't have for a while. And also it was registered under my name as well when I picked it off the showroom myself.

Any thoughts?
You are totally under-qualified for a ZX-6R, actually also under-qualified for being a full grown man, and to poop on the person responsible for your acquisition in the first place (BEFORE TWO ACCIDENTS) is selfish and irresponsible. Walk a mile in your parents shoes, wondering if /when their son is going to die playing Isle of Mann. As a loving parent I'd lock it up and sell it and then use the money to pay off the debt, send you to msf and msf advance (and then a track school if affordable).
My grown son is riding now after learning in sand and red clay on a 85cc2, and now on a 250cc4, mostly with me but he's quickly becoming "unto himself."