View Single Post
Old August 4th, 2013, 08:46 PM   #39
DarkNinja52
ninjette.org sage

Name: aj

Motorcycle(s): Red 09 Ninja 250r aka Sheila (RIP), Red '10 Ninja 250r aka Sasha (Sold), White '13 Ninja 300 (To be Purchased)

Apparently this is a fairly common problem among the 300's. First of it's breed, what can you expect I suppose.

I've had this happen more than I'd like, I was able to recreate a few times until the bike warmed up, then there were no issues. FI issue probably, but i thought the clutch might be funky at first because the previous owner had messed with the cables a bit.

GET THIS: The previous owner had pointed out to me that he tightened the throttle cable until there was no free play what so ever. The bike ran fine until I adjusted the cable for a little bit of free play (How every bike i've ever rode has been). Suddenly I started having this issue. IT looks like he must have tightened the throttle to constantly apply throttle even at rest to keep the bike from stalling?

I did some research on the web and there s a ton of complaints on it, i'm not sure if there's any sort of recalls on it because the kawasaki recall page is suddenly not working properly.

I was thinking of just upping the idle a tad and seeing if that helps.. it's already kind of high if i recall correctly though.

Thoughts?