View Single Post
Old March 23rd, 2012, 04:52 PM   #190
TBC
ninjette.org guru

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): 2004 Ninja 250F

Rain rain, go away .

With work and everything I only had a chance to take the bike out for a brief five mile ride today. But I do have to say - I'm really starting to feel more at home on it and more comfortable with turning, shifting, and moving around generally. I keep downshifting to first only at stops (i.e. not letting the clutch back out to shift into it), but I'm not sure how to do better with that...

I also tried to see if I could fit the Ninja in the little gated area next to my apartment. Suffice to say: it was a bad (okay, really bad) idea. Really easy to get it in there (angled through a gate and then down two steps), very difficult to get it out (angled awkwardly through a gate and then up two steps). Lots of turns in a very short space to get it pointed in the right direction, a lot of pushing to get her out, and an accidental short burnout or two when I didn't have traction and tried to use the bike's power (because I'm too weak ). But after a lot of struggling I finally got her out without a scratch . Yup, not trying that again...

A question for you guys though: after I got her out, I went to the end of the alley and turned around. When I was riding there the bike sounded very...dry? The sound was rather higher pitched and "pingy." Could that have to do with the incline?
TBC is offline   Reply With Quote