View Single Post
Old January 5th, 2012, 04:28 PM   #1
GreenNinja
ninjette.org guru

Name: I'm a ninja!

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250

America's obsession with more/bigger

I started a new job and today a coworker noticed I was a bike rider, so he asked me what I rode. His next question was how long I've had the 250. I told him since March of 2011 and he asked "You've had it that long and haven't upgraded yet?" I told him I like my bike and don't intend on upgrading soon and this is where he tries to convince me to upgrade. He told me he bought a 250 and 3 months later he sold it because it was "too slow" and was going to buy a 650 but never got around to it. For the next few minutes he tried to convince me to upgrade and get a bigger bike. Every time I tried to make a point about how my bike is perfect for me, he would cut me off and go back to "making his point about how 250s are inferior." I can see we are not going to get along already....

I decided I can't win an argument with someone who has a Masters in Idiocy so I just stopped talking. What is the obsession with Americans wanting more or wanting bigger? Maybe I should ask him what he drives and then suggest that his vehicle doesn't have enough horse power and he should upgrade? That probably wouldn't go well either I bet. If you made it this far, thanks for listening to my rant.
GreenNinja is offline   Reply With Quote