Old April 2nd, 2018, 07:03 PM   #18
Ram Jet
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki 250 Ninja, 1982 Honda Ascot FT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarr View Post
Hi again Bill,

It looks like you have the same bike I do.. Did you find had to go through all the same hassle I did before installing all that? Another question that comes to mind is, we usually hit fairly hot temperatures here in the summer.. does the device help with just warm-up or will it drive the temperatures up that much higher after warm-up too? Is there any risk of overheating?

Thanks,

Hal
Hi Hal,

I have an 07' Ninja. I'm not sure what you mean by "hassle". The big pain in the ass is a valve adjustment. My bike is basically trouble free after fixing the damage done by the previous owner's hand tools and pea size brain. The Thermo Bob 3 will have no effect on your bikes operating temperature except to get it to run at an acceptable temperature. The Ninja runs cold and I doubt without a TB3 the average Ninja never runs above 130 degrees. I don't know for sure because I installed my Trail Tech temperature gauge after installing the TB3. I currently block-off a portion of my radiator because my bike will run too cold if I don't. The manufacturer of the TB3 thinks the thermostat he sold me may be defective and offered to replace it. I bought a spare thermostat when I bought the TB3 but am too lazy to install it. The maker of the TB3 likes over 200 degrees operating temperature - I like 180 and usually run 180/190. The advantages of the TB3 are 1. your engine achieves operating temperature more quickly 2. You can get your engine to run at a proper temperature consistantly. The TB3 will not adversely affect your engine temperature when it's hot out any more than the O.E.M system. The average Ninja owner has no idea what their engine temperature is after warm-up. The O.E.M. gauge is useless. I have a mechanical oil pressure gauge installed where the original temp. gauge was and mounted my Trail Tech temp. gauge on my upper fairing.

The TB3 simply "short circuits" the coolant away from the radiator during warm-up. When the engine is warm the thermostat opens and the radiator goes to work.

If I haven't answered your questions regarding "hassles" let know.

Cheers,

Bill
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0646.jpg (174.4 KB, 0 views)