Thread: Bicycles!
View Single Post
Old October 11th, 2018, 06:32 PM   #2240
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Down to 1 bicycle??? dude. I'm up to 3, also just picked up a lightly used Karate Monkey for the missus so she can get into some gravel and lighter MTB trails.

I'm digging the fleet I have now. 1 mid travel trail MTB, 1 comfy but fast roadie, and one super comfy and surprisingly capable gravel bike. Gravel bikes are funny things. They feel so dull and numb and soft on pavement, but when you get them off road, they light up and feel like a thoroughbred race bike.

I'm not sure what the plan for the roadie is. Either going to upgrade it a bit and keep it longer, or sell it for something newer with carbon and hydraulic disks. Or just clean all the gunk out of the shifters, replace the housings/cables, toss on some new bars, and call it good as it is. 8100 miles hasn't done good things for light shifting feel. I change the cables every year, but I'm still on the original housings, which probably isn't doing good things for me. I recently picked up a Ultegra 6800 crank from a friend for cheap, so it will get that regardless, but I'm torn.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.