View Single Post
Old May 8th, 2014, 03:32 PM   #15
fishdip
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Fish

Motorcycle(s): 250/300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero Danny View Post
Yeah.. I'm going to try and get another hose...

as for the issue at hand, my father took it out and filled it with gas (91 octane) and he said he was able to get it to 70 on the way home. We pulled it in the garage poured one cap full of carb cleaner in the full tank, turned the bike off took the dog for a walk then returned. He went to start it once we got back (i was in the house) and he said that the bike was giving some issues when starting, but it did start.

He then wanted to go for a ride, so we went. I noticed the power still wasn't really there and as we rode it seemed to get worse. I had the throttle WIDE OPEN at 30 MPH in 3rd gear and the bike was only inching forward.

We got back and I had him ride it, he concurred that the bike has no power. It's almost as if it's firing on one cyl. But both exhausts were hot and had decent pressure coming from them.

We are both stumped.

On another side note it looks like there is a little bit of smoke coming out of the exhaust, i'm sure it's somewhat normal. Again, it's a very slight amount.

Any ideas?
stop using 91 just put in regular. Also now it sounds like a clogged carb. If you start it and it will rev to 14k with out trouble but as soon as you try to ride it will bog down its clogged.