View Single Post
Old June 7th, 2014, 04:27 PM   #34
Hero Danny
Inline 4!!!

Name: Danny

Motorcycle(s): 2008 CBR600rr, 1987 KLR 250

Well guys, it looks like my problem is BACK!

I don't understand it, now, the problem never 100% went away, but it was mostly gone and only came around at odd times, never consistent. So I just dealt with it.

Today, I was driving down the road... and I'm not going to lie. I was beating the bike a little bit. I was revving her up to around 10k before shifting... Which is probably too much... anyway... the bike was riding like a DREAM she was shifting perfect, she was pulling hard and fast! I got her up to 70 in NO TIME!

Then I pulled over to help give some directions to some tourists and as I was going back I was beating her again and it was fine, but then I noticed I started losing some power.. I didn't know why, I was driving slower and pulled down a dead end street.. As I turned around I pushed her down to a stop and tried launching her again. At around 4k RPM she sputters like CRAZY! It takes (no lie!) about 0-30 in 15 seconds...

When I pull in the clutch I can rev her and she'll go without any problems, but the second I'm in gear she doesn't want to go past 4k.....

Ugh, I'm not sure what the problem is.... My father suspects the rubber manifold going from the carbs.... so I think that's where we will start next.... any ideas?? This is consistent throughout all the gears, I am able to shift through them fine still and if I feather the throttle enough she will get up to about 40 (I haven't tried any high in fear of being stuck far from home).. it just takes a long time to get there.