View Single Post
Old October 20th, 2021, 08:24 PM   #1
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Today was a long day, but the best day in 5 years at least !

.... I came home with a 1977 Triumph Boniville 750cc.... that Runs !!!
for $4000.00 ... it's in real good shape all original it has a bunch of miles on it
but the guy said when he bought it the dealer had just put in a new top end
and I'ed guess that was about 1000 miles to 2,000 miles ago as the old fart only road it around at the Ranch ! a super nice guy and he hated to see his bike go but at 74 years old it is time to face reality ! and I had to agree
I finally got it running and rode it around his shop to the back of the trailer and we pushed it up the ramp and then tied it down ...( with every ratchet strap I own) I doubled the ones on the handle bars and even added one across the middle plus 2 from the rear...
....it didn't budge the entire way home about 50 miles or maybe 75miles.
....but by the time I got home I decided to leave it tied down to the trailer over night and take it off tomorrow in the day-light !
I've wanted a Triumph Bonneville sense I was a kid and it's even the 750cc not the 650cc.... so I got the bigger better one at that ! a few boxes of extra parts came with it and the signed off title ... so I am as happy as a cow in deep clover !
it's got new tires on it and a new battery, there is very little it really needs as it's ready to ride the way it is ! I am still in shock ! this kind'a thing never happens to me.... but I fell in and come out smelling like a rose today !!!!
LOL....
I am not impressed by the app of google maps on my phone though we got lost 2 times trying to find him ..and he finally drove out to the corner and waved at us as we drove up ! LOL....
there were no street names at all on the google map ! ( not that that mattered much as half of the streets wern't marked anyway... its farming country, they know right where their at ...what's the problem ? LOL
So I am now the proud owner of a Classic 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750 !
.....the highest tech thing on the bike is flashing turn signals !

....later !
Bob...........