View Single Post
Old October 23rd, 2021, 04:23 AM   #17
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Jim View Post
Actually it matters very little for power output. The power difference you found was due to other things.

Yes like duel carbs and duel points as compaired to a single carb and duel points.....I think.... i can't recall at the moment !
Well, I just came in from the shop after giving the Triumph a good going over
and theres few things I am not happy with
#1 is the riders foot pegs do NOT fold up.... drag one of those and you may well be in a world of hurt !
#2 the clutch is definately slipping when I try to kick start it and that really makes it hard to start !
#3 it's too loud for my liking even though I only heard it run one time so far
because I can't get the beastie started again....
this thing has some sort of fresh air thing on it... that is what the big plastic cap is under the seat... I don't know what it does or even why it's on there
but it's got one !
I pulled the plugs tonight and they are black and they were wet so I flooded the poor girl ! it's got good spark so I cleaned the plugs turned it over several times and tried to start it with less choke.... never even got it to Pop
I will say this... it is really nice to have a center stand on that bike !
LOL.....

.... I gott'a figure out why that clutch is slipping when I try to kick start it, a
full kick and most of the time only one piston goes by TDC..... and that's just wrong ! i expect that the clutch plates are just wore out !
it still moves well, but ya can't start it like that !!!!
I even made sure the clutch cable has a bit of play in it... ( it didn't)
but that didn't help at all....
I pulled in the clutch and kicked it through a few times and the clutch finally broke free and allowed the kick starter to go down without turning the engine over... like it should, but after i did that trying to start it was even worse !
it really wanted to slip then. so I gave up trying to start it and went back to cleaning.... LOL...

the P.O. put in NGK B6ES spark plugs in that bike.... and I have been trying to remember the Numbering sequence of plugs as that is either really Hot or really cold and I suspect Really cold because they were black !
....the manual says Champion N8 if i remember right ! if it's really a HOT plug that means the rings are probably shot ! UGH !
later !
Bob.......