Old November 18th, 2021, 05:54 PM   #121
shspvr
ninjette.org guru

Name: Anthony

Motorcycle(s): 07 Kawasaki Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob KellyIII View Post
What ever ! ....
My my New carbs came.... My wife said You'll get the old carbs working about the time the new carbs arrive.... and how right she was !
.... don't that figure ? I didn't need to buy 2 new carbs anyway....OH well !
The lesson to be learned here is don't let your frustrations force you into making a MONEY decision ! like I did !
.... but I think the old carbs need to be replaced anyway because of their warpage.... so the new carbs are going on now.
.... this will take a while as it's cold in the shop (50 deg at 4:00pm)
I went out there in my T shirt and got the taillight put back together ,it comes on but the brake light switch don't work at all.....
I also got the gas tank off again.... I'll put the new petcocks on it while I have it off and get those fuel filter screens on there to filter the fuel to the new carbs ! ( and the new petcocks match , the old ones didn't)
.... then I'll take off the old carbs and pull the jets out of them and put them in the new carbs... because they came with 200 main jets... I think that will be too much for this altitude.
then when that is done, I will pop the valve covers off and check the valve lash settings... then re assemble the entire thing !
.... so that's the plan and it will likely take me a month to complete that because I can't stay out there very long in the cold !
in the process of putting the new carbs in I will re route the throttle cable
and perhaps get a new choke cable to replace the shortened one.
LOL I kinda hate to take it all apart again, when I finally got it running...
but i want it ready and done right ... so it's a small price to pay !
I will no doubt have issues getting the new carbs tuned to the bike
but it shouldn't be too bad... I think I will try to match the idle screw settings from the old ones to the new ones as that alone was a big part of the problems of getting that bike to Run ! the air screw adjustments will be set to the factory settings to start with, 2.5 turns out and I'll go from there.
the throttle twist grip is quite hard to turn... I may take the old springs in the slide and cut off a few turns to make it a bit easier to twist, as it's pretty darn stiff !
later all !
Bob.....
Things happen even to best of us even us PRO to you know
shspvr is offline   Reply With Quote