View Single Post
Old November 22nd, 2021, 06:39 PM   #146
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Here's a sweet tidbit for ya ! .... I went out there, swept the shop. kicked the tools still on the floor to the side and opened the door as wide as it would go
... then went to the bike sitting there all day in the cold...
turned on the gas tickled each carburetor turned on the key and tried to kick it... but it was in gear , DUH ! ....found neutral after breaking the clutch loose
and gave her a big kick and "Brummm" she fired right up and was running like a top ! .... man I love that ! rode it into the shop and put it on it's CENTERSTAND ! turned the gas off as soon as I turned the key off.
usually I like to turn the gas off first, but this girl needs fuel to the top to start easy so I have to change my habits !
LOL Man I am getting to love that bike more and more... she sounds so cool !
and at 404 lbs it will do everything my 1100 Honda shadow would except give you a hernia picking it up ! that 1100 Honda weighed over 800 lbs !
.... this Old bike is just perfect for me ! ....
.... now where is that KLR ??? the guy informed me it would be after the holidays now as he needed to save money for christmas presents for his 2 boys and wife... and I understand that... I offered to pay the DMV charges ,just to get this over with but he hasn't replied.. he doesn't check his email often ! unfortunately !!!
I guess we wait and see...
I sure like the way that Triumph started today,.... no hesitation at all !
My Pilot jet tool came today as well as 2 Amal carb rebuild/gasket kits
so I am all set for the duration now. those will go in the box marked Triumph parts and be stored in the shop
My shop is quickly becoming a Bike shop and not a machine shop.... I NEED MORE ROOM !!!!! HAHAHAHAHA
Bob.....