View Single Post
Old November 23rd, 2021, 08:02 PM   #153
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

geez talk about an un orginized MESS ! I hope they have a map of where the
certain bikes are at ! LOL....
welp, the Winker relay came today I plugged it in and turned it on and it flashes both sides independantly like it should so a $9.00 part from Amazon cured that problem... it's also compatible with LED's if I want to swap them out later.
so that's cool.
the brake switch in the rear is giving me trouble though...
I have 12 volts on each leg of the switch ! which doesn't seem right at all...
the white wire should have power and the switch should complete the circuit to the green wire.... but the green wire is already Hot... and it makes no sense at all to me !......
obviously that is why it's not working but why is the green wire hot with the switch out of the circuit ? ...it can't do that !
so I'll be attacking that next... the new switch from the Bonneville shop should be here saturday... and the manual says there is a brake light switch in the front..... NO there isn't ! there isn't even provisions for one !
i really hate manuals that are wrong in several places it makes you 2nd guess yourself and wonder if that's actually correct ! ( i am wishy-washy enough as it is, I don't need help ! )
I suppose I could be getting a return voltage from the tail light bulb but it would have to be 1/2 and 1/2 in the plug in for the bulb... but that wouldn't surprise me at all. it was a bear to get in there. it did not want to turn in either position I put it in at but I finally did get it to click in ...... ( i had to push very hard to get it in there then twist ) and that's scarry for your fingers.....
if the bulb brakes, you bleed ! been there done that before !
But... the turn signals work now !.... so one step forward !
excuse me while I go study that small wiring diagram again... for the 5th time ! LOL
later all
Bob........