View Single Post
Old February 1st, 2011, 05:43 PM   #49
adamjenkum
ninjette.org member

Name: dweezel

Motorcycle(s): ninja250 68 triumphtiger

When I first got a 250 ninja and was not used to the sweet spot at 6-13k rpm alot of cars could get past me easily. The handlebars were also bent and the cush was destroyed, after replacing the cush trying 3 different up gear combos and going back to stock because it seems to be the best for my weight I regularly fly through traffic. Although the occasional nissan or mustang can keep up or exeed I rarely get passed if I do not let them unless on a long straightaway at freeway speed. I know there are lots of cars that can out accelerate and even more with higher top speed. the problem is if a car goes into a slide he is less likely to die than me on my little ninja. I almost crashed on a backroad 3 weeks ago going too hot into a turn that had lots of sand the rear wheel just slid so I had to go on the opposite side shoulder. luckily I didnt have to bail, but lots of rednecks saw the whole thing and got a laugh. I also scared the cars coming the other way that I would have turned me into roadkill if I had not chosen the shoulder.

I do know sportbikes cost a fraction of the cost of fast cars but honestly a ex250's top speed is not much different than most of the crappy cars you see everyday in usa. spend 10k or more on performance parts for your civic and your lucky to keep up with the 250 purchased off craigslist for less than most pay a year on insurance. and your car will sound like its farting through a didgeridoo.

I also admit my lane choices help me get past most traffic too I cant split lanes legally where I live but i have done my share of weaving. Its dangerous but I fly past groups of 10 cars regularly and the only real challenge I have ever had was a taxicab with a crazy bastard in it. and he was really just trying to make it hard for me to switch lanes, I think he was stresed out because I have passed the dude a lot when he is stuck in traffic.

the strangest phenomenon is bmw drivers actually get into the left lane and let me pass, If i am driving a normal car they drive annoyingly. especially if they have the m badge. and I know a m series can woop my ninjette
adamjenkum is offline   Reply With Quote