View Single Post
Old August 13th, 2015, 09:26 AM   #6770
cadymae
Cadymae

Name: Caryn

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R

Baby got new shoes!

Thanks to this board I went with Bridgestone BT-45s. While there I asked about how to do the chain without a center stand. So they sold me a used lift and ordered the (nuts, brackets, spool-thingy's?) that it grabs on to lift the bike with. Gosh I am so not a wrencher! I was married last time I owned a motorcycle. It is amazing how much he did behind the scenes so that I could just hop on a ride.

Anyway!!!! Knowledge is power and the folks at Moramoto are absolutely awesome. They have been very kind and helpful getting me on my beautiful little steed.

The attached picture was my baby yesterday morning as the sun came up. I'll take another picture with the new Bridgestones on shortly.

BTW, I went with an ogio tankbag to hold my raingear and spare flip-phone. and I bought a steel cable to add to the kryptonite lock. I run the lock through the d-ring on the tank bag and run the cable through the back tire. You can see the cable and D-lock on the back seat. I put a plastic bag over the tank bag and I leave it like that in the work parking lot through all the Florida sun-showers during the day. So far the set up is working out pretty good.

I had her on the highway for the first time this morning as well.

I am SO SO SO HAPPY to be riding again. That was a looooooooooong 6 years without a bike.

And it is true: "It is just like riding a bike." I was worried I'd forgotten how to ride but all my instincts seem to still be there. My hands and feet and eyeballs picked it all right back up. I was doing head-checks again before I even remembered to be doing head-checks.

Whew!

The only thing I wish I had now was a large sign to hold up for people who seem unable to shut up about my nasty accident. "NO **** ASSHOLES! I remember better than you how many surgeries that was. I'd have been dead if I'd hit her in my truck. The bike actually saved me."

But there is no convincing them of that. So pardon my cursing but WOW I wish people would STFU about how risky riding a bike is while they are over-eating and smoking their cigarettes and screwing hookers behind their wife's back. Pick your poison is my only reply to them because no one gets out of life alive and dying at 95 in a wheelchair ain't all THAT grand.

OK. Enough complaining about idiots! Back to smiling about riding again.

Ride safe everyone!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 11846516_1631135503829771_6792114613965352088_n.jpg (251.2 KB, 3 views)
cadymae is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.