View Single Post
Old July 2nd, 2016, 08:43 AM   #28
InvisiBill
EX500 full of EX250 parts

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): '18 Ninja 400 • '09 Ninja 500R (selling) • '98 VFR800 (project) • '85 Vulcan VN700 (sold)

MOTM - Aug '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostt View Post
True, but overall weight, and if one weighs less, it's less sprung weight, and overall weight equals faster times, horsepower to weight ratios etc....

For the cost of the rims, I don't see it as a viable option, unless your a professional racer on the moto gp circuit.

But hey I've spent money on things I just wanted to have, for that reason, I wanted it. Like my titanium fasteners, I sure as hell didn't need them, I wanted them, and had to replace some of the OEM ones(rotor, caliper bolts, and rear sprocket nuts, etc..), a good enough excuse for me.
Yeah, this is one of the last ways you should try to shave weight. It's very expensive for what you get. But if this is what you're down to, and it's worth the cost to you, then this is how you do it.

My wheel (and more) swap sure seemed to help acceleration, even though it was only a few pounds (I've got many times that amount I could lose personally) and I did it mostly for the look. Mine, including the swingarm swap, new tires, and brakes was still less than half the cost of a set of these forged wheels. As with everything else, there are multiple levels at different price points, depending on how much you want to spend and what you're trying to get out of it. Most people think I'm crazy for spending what I did on a minor mostly-aesthetic change, even if they do like the results.

*** Unregistered, I'm not your mom and I'm not paying for your parts, so do whatever you want with your own bike. ***
InvisiBill is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.