View Single Post
Old August 8th, 2008, 03:13 PM   #4
Sailariel
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Honda NT-700-V, formerly, Green 2008 Ninja 250R

Rain Ride

Took a four hour ride in the rain-intentionally-to see what this little bike can do. I have to say that I am very impressed. My riding companions were two veteran riders-one, riding a 1000cc BMW 4, and the other riding a Honda 1100SR. I had no trouble staying with them. On several ocassions I took the point and they said that my speed was fine. I really wanted to test this bike on Maine`s worst roads under adverse conditions. The Ninja gets an A+. There is definitely one change that I will make on this bike--a Zero Gravity Windscreen Part#23-281. The stock windscreen offered by Kawasaki scores low for extended touring. As I mentioned in an earlier thread, the tank bag, topper and saddle bags from Sam`s Club for $127.00 passed with flying colors. Their contents stayed dry. I have also been testing the waters in terms of fuel. This machine is perfectly happy with Regular Gas. There is no difference, in my view, between Regular and Mid-Premium in my experience. I plan to do some serious touring with this bike. I put 220,000mi on a 1958 BMW R-60 in the mid 60`s. We will see what this bike can do. So far, I am very encouraged
Sailariel is offline   Reply With Quote