View Single Post
Old September 24th, 2008, 02:47 PM   #17
Sailariel
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Honda NT-700-V, formerly, Green 2008 Ninja 250R

Kawasaki Colours

I suppose that if there was a wide array of colours available, that I would have chosen Yellow. I have always liked the combination of yellow and black. One of my all time favourite cars was a 1957 Ford Sunliner (convertible) which was two tone yellow and black with a black interior. The interior also had yellow accents--a real "chick magnet" in its day. The Lime Green seems to elicit the same response. On our Gaspe trip people looked at the green bike, not the Yellow Honda 800, or the silver BMW 1000. I guess they opined that it took some bollocks to get something that flashy. I do like the colour--it is all Kawasaki, just like silver gray was Mercedes, and British Racing Green was Lotus. Certainly when I catch a glimpse of a Lime Green machine screaming down he road, here is no doubt that it was a Kawasaki. I thought that the Monster Graphics were a bit over the top so I took them off. I did, however get a spare set of the decals in case the bike becomes some sort of "Special Edition". I have a friend who does eletroplating and he will chrome plate my wheels and brake pedal. I will either find a more efficient shift lever in the aftermarket arena or will make my own. The footpegs are not exactl award winning, so the will also be changed. I build custom bicycles for very particular customers--which probably makes me particular as well. The EX250J is an exceptional bike an way you cut it. The late and great naval architect L. Francis Herreschoff once said, "You can always make a good boat better, but you can`t make a bad boat good". I think that applies well to the EX250J. It is definitely a good bike.
Sailariel is offline   Reply With Quote