Thread: Cafe Racer?
View Single Post
Old September 6th, 2018, 06:34 AM   #14
jkv45
Rev Limiter

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): '06 SV650n, '00 Derbi GPR, '64 CA77 Dream 305, '70 CL450 Scrambler, numerous dirt bikes

MOTM - Jun '18, Oct '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaError View Post
Ah man great community ! Thanks for the quick feedback. Man it definitely is
a project, but it’s something I’d love to just work on for a while to perfect it to
my standards . Now that I’ve realized it takes a lot of time , in prob going to do
what some of you recommended and find a 250 that’s beat up already and start
from there instead of stripping my current 250. & I only say that because the bike
I have now has all original plastics never laid over no scratches anywhere it’s just
in really good condition so that’s why I’ll start this project with another one so Don’t think
this info you guys have gave me is not going to use.
Good call!

We bought a perfect Ninja 250 for that type of thing for $150 - and it ran! No fairings, but pretty much everything else was there and worked. Looked bad, but hey, $150 bux...

Got it from a member here from Midlothian, IL.

I lived in Mt. Prospect, IL, for 20 years and worked in the city for part of it.

One other suggestion - if you haven't already, find a MSF Basic Rider Course in your area. There are too many things you need to know to learn by yourself, especially in the Chicago area. Also search Craigslist for quality used gear. I've picked-up a ton of good gear for cheap over the years. I've been on the street for over 40 years, and always wear all of it all the time.
jkv45 is offline   Reply With Quote