View Single Post
Old October 29th, 2009, 08:28 AM   #12
tonybhall
knees in the breeze

Name: Tony

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by inbox526 View Post
Experienced my first accidents with my bike today. I was in the shopping area around UCLA today, having lunch with my gf, with a little shopping, when 2 hours later, when I returned to my bike, I'm informed by the employee of the office I parked in front of that my bike was knocked over twice.

Apparently two different cars tried to back into a space in front of me, a larger SUV of some sort, and a black mercedes. Both of them fully knocked it over, where my front fairing hit the curb, receiving severe scuffs and a crack on the right side, as I parked perpendicular to the curb facing it. All the normal stuff that gets scratched is scratched and chipped, but my shogun frame protectors worked beautifully and there's absolutely nothing on the side fairing itself

Worst part of all of this is though, apparently the first guy left a note, with his name and number, and the second guy thought since the first guy left a note, he could get away clean maybe -_-. Yet, the number on the note is a cell phone registered to a different name.. all the way in Kansas. Wonderful!

I've no idea what to do now since the guy who told me about the accidents didn't take down any plate numbers.. but I do have full coverage.. Would insurance cover this? I'm going to report this to the police tomorrow.. Are there any details I should be aware of?
If you have full coverage then your insurance will cover the damages minus your deductible. They'll go after the guy that hit you and try to get it back if they can find him. But, like someone said before, if it's going to cost less than your deductible to fix, just do it yourself. Filing a claim won't do you any good and might cause your rates to go up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
My mother was parked in the insurance office's parking lot (Allstate) and came out to find that the passenger-side wheel well and surrounding body of her Toyota Celica wash ripped apart with the responsible party nowhere to be seen. It had to be a large truck of some kind to have inflicted so much damage without hurting their own ability to drive off. All State wouldn't cover it simply because she wasn't in the car when it happened and so there was no "covered" driver.
Um... that doesn't sound right. I've never heard anything like that before. I think you mom's insurance pulled a fast one on her or she misunderstood. If that's what really happened, she should get a lawyer.
tonybhall is offline   Reply With Quote