View Single Post
Old October 29th, 2009, 09:06 AM   #14
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybhall View Post
If you have full coverage then your insurance will cover the damages minus your deductible. They'll go after the guy that hit you and try to get it back if they can find him. But, like someone said before, if it's going to cost less than your deductible to fix, just do it yourself. Filing a claim won't do you any good and might cause your rates to go up.

Um... that doesn't sound right. I've never heard anything like that before. I think you mom's insurance pulled a fast one on her or she misunderstood. If that's what really happened, she should get a lawyer.
Oh, she was angry. I was too young to know the details of her coverage at the time (this was an '80s Celica wrecked in the '90s). I know that "uninsured motorist" is usually needed for such things and I don't know if she had it but whatever she had I know that she expected it to cover this and was dumbfounded when they refused... she was angry enough to consider driving around with a magnetic sign that says "Allstate wouldn't pay!" and explain what it meant to anyone who asks.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote