View Single Post
Old May 2nd, 2015, 06:57 AM   #35
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
Got a ninja650 wheel in the mail the other day that i snagged of ebay. Good news is it looks good, nice wheel bad news is i think it is going to be a little too much work for me to make it work in the rgv swingarm. The hub on the 650 wheel is pretty wide. even milling down the cush drive i don't see it working easily. Actually the sprocket side lines up quite nice and looks good, tire is mostly centered would be an easy fix the problem is there is no room on the rotor side for much of anything.

Funny how things work, i jumped on the 650 wheel as it was a good price and i have had no luck digging up used aprilia rs250 wheels. Low and behold the day i got my 650 wheel in i found one or should i say it found me on an aprilia forum in a WTB thread i had. Seemed like a resonable price so it is on it's way. It should be significanly narrower than the 650 wheel and will also match the R1 front wheel i have a lot better.

Hopefully i can get it to work with out to much fuss, now i just need to sell this 650 wheel

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote