View Single Post
Old March 31st, 2023, 11:25 AM   #37
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Ok it's been a while sense I posted on this thread.... and Winter is STILL HERE
this has been the longest winter I have ever seen here in the 5~6 years we've been here.... at last check Shasta Lake is at 86% full which is the first time in almost a decade !and I still have patches of snow on the ground....it's not deep
but it is there....
and Mt Shasta is glistening white with only a few rocks showing.....
this has been the WET winter we have needed for 12 years but didn't get !
....however almost all the roads have suffered badly as there is pot holes everywhere because of all the moisture and then cold freezing and poping holes out of the pavement.
technically it has been 6 months sense the first snow fall this year and that has to be the longest winter I have ever endured....even Montana wasn't that bad but it was super cold !

But I am hoping April will warm up.... it should !
I have noticed that if there is alot of valcano activity the winters are usually more brutal...and longer.... and last year and this year we have had alot of valcano activity around the world !

I got the XR650L where I can flat foot it so all I have to do is cut down the side stand again and she's good to go !
I still haven't got the sparkplugs I ordered for the Ninja...so it is still waiting
the cover for the Triumph has ripped apart and it's butt is hanging out in the cold........
And what do you know all the stray cats we've been feeding are having kittens ! AURGH !
and my Racoons are back and acting like they haven't eaten in a month !
COME ON SUMMER DAMMIT !

Bob......