View Single Post
Old October 9th, 2014, 04:50 PM   #1
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em (RZ350)

So after some time looking for a project bike i finally pulled the trigger.

Took the trailer for a trip to NY. today to check out an 84 Yamaha RZ350, and it just happened to come home with me.

mechanically the bike is pretty stellar, the cosmetics...ehhh leaves a little to desire to say the least But i was more concerned about mechanics and price over the looks as i have no intentions of making it look stock.

Ill get some pictures up tomorrow evening if i get a chance. It has been a long day on the road and pretty much dark by the time i got home.

Bike is mechanically together and pretty much naked as can be right now, has a tank that needs painted that's about it. Has lots of bits and parts that are in half a dozen boxes, + most of the OEM fairings, aftermarket race body work among other things.

all the fairings and body work show their age if you catch my drift.

I figure i will street fighter it to get it on the road ASAP plus i think the SF look on that bike is pretty hot

Quick info on the bike for those who don't know. The RZ 350 has pretty much the same engine as the Yamaha Banshee quads have. 350 twin, 2 stroke. The main difference is the power valves. The RZ 350 valves work a little different to make it a little more friendly on the street in the low revs but it still screams up top

Bike will be pretty light especially if i street fighter it and put out around 65-70 snappy hang on 2 stroke ponies.

will be a great winter project

Once i get some cash flow i have a few things i would like to do starting with new headers and pipes, i like the twin one side look, deelish!

stay tuned

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.

Last futzed with by subxero; October 10th, 2014 at 05:32 AM.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.