View Single Post
Old October 17th, 2014, 06:18 PM   #11
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
So i slapped a seat on the RZ took it down the road a mile and back today just to give it a go and feel it out a bit.

It definitely has it's fair share of issues, a lot are quick fixes. Think the float bowls are stuck, overflow leaks fuel like a sieve, steering head bearings are loose (probably shot) the brakes will need completely gone over, just easiest to do all new lines & fittings among other things. The clutch felt good, the pull is tough but expected on a bike like this, i'm used to tough clutch pulls so it is non issue.

The good, well it starts, it runs, when the engine is getting the right amount of fuel & air it feels good, sounds good and wow that power band this thing is gonna be super fun to ride once it is finished

The aftermarket seat feels super wide, the aftermarket rear sets are pretty agressive compared to my ninja WC rear sets, the clip ons are fairly aggressive but i like the overall feel of the bike. The seat is fairly high and because it is wide, i can not touch two down even tip toes but it is non issue and doesn't bother me.

Ill figure out more as i dig into it, unfortunately that is probably the most riding it will see until some time next year.

Ill start taking it apart soon enough

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.

Last futzed with by subxero; October 18th, 2014 at 03:53 PM.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote