View Single Post
Old November 12th, 2014, 06:48 AM   #17
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
Still trying to formulate an attack plan. So many things I would like to do but with a tight budget I need to plan carefully.

Got the carbs off the other day, they are Mikuni ( I'm not a fan) No wonder they were leaking and bike wasn't running well, Main jet of right carb was laying in the bowl, and the float needle was stuck

Would like to spring for some pwk carbs but unless I can find them used cheap it isn't going to happen this year so most likely I will work with the Mikuni's for now.

I need to treat the tank for rust, it looks like there is a little bit inside which means there is a lot inside. need to read up on different ways to take care of it, shouldn't be too difficult or costly

Bout all I got right now. I can have the engine out and split in probably an hour or so and that is my next step. That is the big ? right now, what does that all look like?

I am thinking i'll get the frame powder coated this winter, and get the tank painted or powder coated. Other expenses for this year should be cheaper, bearings and seals. That is about all I hope to accomplish this year other than general cleaning up, snugging up stuff. As long as the engine is in decent shape that should put me in a position to at least be able to joy ride it on occasion next season

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote