View Single Post
Old February 26th, 2018, 06:30 PM   #1
corksil
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: TC

Motorcycle(s): A lot.

GSXR 750 rear shock mod.... again

Hey I did this modification and installed [what I thought was] an 09 GSXR 750 shock. Used different dog bones to keep the stock ride height.. made a bunch of spacers so it would all bolt up.. drilled out the shock eyelet etc.

I read through quite a few different guides and DIY on the project, which were helpful.

All finished and complete -- except the rear suspension is way too stiff.

I have zero spring preload -- the adjusting collars are all the way on the loose side, barely compressing the spring at all.

When I sit on the bike, the rear end doesn't drop more than a few millimeters. If I have a friend help me push down hard on the tail section, I can get about an inch of rear suspension compression.

I'm 160lb roughly, for what it's worth.

No idea what's going on. The ebay auction was for an 09 GSXR 750 rear shock, and everything I read about this pointed me toward that shock being perfect for the project.

Why the hell is it so stiff? I had plans on rebuilding the shock, changing the oil, and re-charging it with nitrogen... but it seems like waaaay to high of a spring rate.

Not sure what I would say if I called racetech either... can I measure the coils of the spring and the un-sprung length and identify it somehow?