View Single Post
Old March 16th, 2018, 09:47 PM   #21
corksil
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: TC

Motorcycle(s): A lot.

I finally installed the 05 GSXR shock. With the OEM links I measured 6" of suspension travel with no spring. Without a bumpstop, the rear tire came up within an inch of hitting the rear fender, which is good.

With the aftermarket 2" raise links --- surprise! They definitely seemed to raise the rear of the bike 2". I measured 4" of suspension travel, because the wheel hit the ground and I couldn't measure the full range unless I were to jack the bike up higher (which I didn't.) The rear tire only came up high enough to leave a 3" gap between the tire and the fender. Not ideal.

I didn't try riding the bike with the shock/spring installed and the aftermarket links --- seemed as if it would have made the suspension way too nose-heavy with the back end too high for comfort.

With the 05 GSXR shock/spring/oem-links, the ride height seemed good, the rear end was still pretty stiff, but the bike seemed to handle alright.

Will post more once I have a chance to take the bike further out of the stable. A ride around the block isn't much of a true test or assessment.