View Single Post
Old October 29th, 2020, 11:08 PM   #5
Brandon2020
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Ninja 250r

Motorcycle(s): Ninja ex250r

We have the same trouble how did you fix that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by daverdfw View Post
Have another thread about a race bike I bough that I am trying to fix, as soon as I turn the power on I heard clicking.

I pull the airbox and see this

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lebyb07rlh...%20PM.mov?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m2cfysw5go...%20PM.mov?dl=0

whats going on here? Do i Need to get a new throttle body? I also ready it could be something with the ECU? I know this ECU is flashed, so maybe they modified the logic of the sub throttle?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
It's perfectly normal start-up calibration. Unlike main human-controlled throttle-bodies, the sub-throttle-bodies are ECU controlled and DO NOT have TPS sensor.

So imagine you're the ECU and you're sitting in dark room with no idea what's going on in outside world. All have are multiple screens telling status of various sensors. One screen tells you air-temperature. Great! You know whether you should put on sweater or coat. Another screen tells you coolant-temperature. Awesome! Now you know whether you should dump in an extra +20% for cold-starting.

Same with TPS sensor, you'll know how far the human has twisted throttle and can look up appropriate fuel and ignition-advance value on 3D maps.

Now you (ECU} are in complete control of sub-throttles, but without a TPS, how would you know what position the butterflies are in? You don't!! So on start-up, you just spin stepper-motor towards closed position several times you can be sure butterflies are in closed position when engine starts. That way, if some human has messed with sub-throttles by manually manipulating it, you can be sure they're closed by spinning motor towards closed position. If butterflies are already closed, this spinning towards closed just pushes them against the stopper and causes some clicking/rattling sounds. Which is what you're hearing, perfectly normal.
Please help meee.. thanks
Brandon2020 is offline   Reply With Quote