View Single Post
Old November 17th, 2010, 10:19 PM   #1
tungzta
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Pat

Motorcycle(s): 2009 250R

2009 250 ninja stalling after startup and when trying to pick up from a stop

I have a 2009 250R and it is a pain to get it started in regular weather and even more so in cold weather. I usually let the bike warm for 5 minutes or so with the choke fully engaged. The idle RPM averages 4000-5000. Then i disengage the choke and it falls to below 1000.

After this started happening, I would let it warm for close to ten minutes with the choke fully engaged in cold AND warm weather conditions. I disengage the choke and it again falls slightly below 1000 RPM. Afterward, I'll try to get going, and as soon as i give throttle with the clutch pulled in, the RPM falls off and the bike stalls.

If i do manage to get the bike running (bike warmed up for 5-10minutes), there are times when i ride a distance, come to a light after driving 5-10 miles and stop. As soon as i come to a complete stop, there are times when the bike stalls out just seconds later. Even after being properly warmed. The idle RPM consistently runs at ~1000 RPM.

I was wondering if raising the idle RPM to 1500-2000 would help. Please let me know asap, it is annoying and embarrassing when stalling out in front of people and in the middle of traffic. Thanks.
tungzta is offline   Reply With Quote