View Single Post
Old September 16th, 2019, 02:08 PM   #20
cveilleux88
ninjette.org member

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
Yup, dirty jets are just beginning. Need to disassemble emulsion-tubes and floss out every single bleed-hole with wire of matching size. That will push out plastic plug about size of grain of sand. I like to verify cleanliness by dripping dye (Kool-aid or FDA red #3) through and checking that every single hole bleeds properly.

Basically follow complete path of petrol from tank to cylinder, ensuring everything's clear along way. Jet is just start of journey.

There was one time I disassembled a multi-carb bike.. did a good job cleaning wise for sure, I use guitar strings to push out the varnish through the small holes. Brass brush on a rotary tool to remove hard stuck varnish. Either way, it was my early years of playing with carbs, struggled a bit getting all the choke linkages back together and even after I had it all together as it came apart.. the bike ran, not great tho.. I still ended up having to get a shop to re-sync them. From then on I'll leave them together and clean everything I can respectfully reach without damaging.
I did the same with this bike & no issues since re-installed. Bike fires with a small choke idles smooth without choke after a minute, give/take(still warm here).
When cold season comes I am planning pull them and send to ducatiman for the full cleaning. I had to clean this tank twice and I'm sure some particles will make it down to the carbs. Even if they didn't, I didn't do the 100% clean that the carbs needed.

Although I wonder what an average idle is for these bikes?? I can get mine idling good around 1100-1200rpm, with no problem taking off, no *bogg/sputter or anything. Anything under & I get a small bogg before rake-off. But cars can use under 1k no problem, usually around 800rpm give/take. *Been a car guy 15yrs & just started getting serious into bikes last 2-3yrs*
cveilleux88 is offline   Reply With Quote