View Single Post
Old July 9th, 2019, 12:13 AM   #1
nocturncal
ninjette.org member

Name: Cal

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250R

Ignition Problems

So my motorcycle see a lot of starting and stopping due to delivering on the bike. Recently, I've had a problem with my starter

If Im starting the bike for the first time in the day, it will always crank and start. But after warming the bike up and riding around, if I turn the bike off and then try to start it, the bike won't crank. I'll hear a click and the dash lights come on, but it won't turn over.

The only thing that helps is letting the motorcycle sit for 5-10 minutes. After letting the bike cool down the bike will only then crank.

I just bought a new battery today and I'm having the same problem, so I don't think was an old battery.

Ive also took a wire brush and cleaned the wire ends that connect to the battery posts

I've got a voltage display on my USB connection, and when the bike is on, the voltage sits at about 14V and doesn't fluctuate more than 0.1V.

The one odd thing I've noticed is if I turn my ignition key past the ON position and continue to push the key going clockwise, the the dash lights will turn off.

Last futzed with by nocturncal; July 9th, 2019 at 04:21 AM.
nocturncal is offline   Reply With Quote