View Single Post
Old August 13th, 2012, 01:03 PM   #47
Minikin_Jo
ninjette.org sage

Name: Jo

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300

Okay - so the Hotbodies Undertail install is complete! It looks awesome...I put photos in one of my photo albums, if anyone gives a hoot and wants to look. I was going to do this myself but realized it is WAY out of my league - this is definitely not for someone 'new' to this type of stuff, IMO. My husband did all the work for me. (So sweet of him, I think I'll keep him.)

1.) We didn't cut anything but part of the tail light

2.) We drilled a total of 5 holes (2 of them in the undertail itself.)

3.) We actually had a hard time finding a 2 prong LED flasher relay. We weren't sure if a 3 prong would make a difference, and the folks at Autozone didn't have a clue either. They said they didn't carry any. They weren't very helpful. We ended up going to Cycle Gear and purchasing a "universal" relay that they suggested and it worked fine.

4.) There are no pre-drilled or marked holes for the tag. They leave that up to you. We chose the best spot for it to have the tag light shine on it

5.) There's definitely a gap under the back seat. I don't know how I'll fix it. I think of it as having a hair out of place: not that noticeable to others, but enough to drive me crazy.

6.) He had to slightly move the metal piece holding the brake fluid out of the way every so slightly so he could fit the undertail under the bike.