View Single Post
Old April 1st, 2014, 10:47 AM   #51
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
After the install all seemed fairly well. Blinkers all worked great, but I went for first ride this year after the work being done and after about 30 minutes the blinker started acting funny. I need to look into it more but I feel like I am getting no response what so ever to my signals. No solid light, no blinking light, nothing. But then on occasion it will start working again??

Connections seem good so IDK? will have to look at it when I get home.

I will also add my rear fairing/taillight does sag just a little now, it is noticeable with the rear seat on, there is small gap between seat and fairing. I will be able to remedy it though.

Edit: replaced tridon ll552 or whatever it was with a no name LED specific blinker off ebay and it seems to have solved my problem. So for anyone else I would stay away from the tridon 552.

As far as sag, it is there and nothing much to do about it, I will shim under fairings above frame to bring it up a little. This seemingly has nothing to do with my stock battery box/fender, it was cut, and I was able to secure the end of it with the stock bolts near the tail light, it is in perfect place and solid as a rock, there is nothing holding the hotbodies undertail up in the rear besides the little lip over the tail light and the tail light isn't connected to anything so it only makes sense that it sags a bit. maybe 1/8th inch? again not noticeable until I put rear seat on.

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.

Last futzed with by subxero; April 30th, 2014 at 10:50 AM.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote