View Single Post
Old December 17th, 2013, 10:05 AM   #13
CycleCam303
King Hamfist

Name: Cameron

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Crf 150R, 2011 Hypermotard 796

Clutchless up shifting on a ninjette with stock rearsets never really works consistently enough for me. Even the woman that was renting the feel like a pro bikes I did my last trackday with was complaining about the ninja popping out of gear a few seconds later. Which by the way is a great way to get really jacked up if the bike does that mid corner.

Learn to rev match downshifts. Also practice using the clutch as a brake. Look at rojo's video. He is modulating it at the friction zone. He isn't just dumping it at every downshift. I use this in the street and on track. But as a forewarning, not blipping the throttle and modulating the clutch under hard braking can cause the rear tire to move and put the bike in a slide. This is the technique that supermotard racers use to back it in. It also means that it can get you very sideways and cause a massive high side when you screw it up. Or the bike won't steer in as you'd like and you go into the dirt but with the rear tire first. Yea I've done that one too.

You're a new rider. Soak in one thing at a time. Right now the most important thing for you is being smooth. Practice downshifting and blipping the throttle. You're acceleration and decelerations should be smooth and not jerky.
CycleCam303 is offline   Reply With Quote