View Single Post
Old June 26th, 2013, 03:11 PM   #132
indr
ninjette.org guru

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

Quote:
Originally Posted by walty87 View Post
I've looked up stator changes and it looks pretty easy. I've replaced the clutch myself, so this doesn't look any more difficult. Correct me if I'm wrong please! I have lots of tools, any specific tools worth mentioning for this job?

On this bike I'm really wanting to learn some mechanic skills and how to do lots of things myself. If I wasn't this bad boy would have been in the shop weeks ago. It's been a frustrating process, but I think i'm gaining tons of experience

I didn't change the size of the sprockets. I will do that once I need a new chain, but I do plan on going to the track. Would highway size sprockets be decent at the track?

Just so I know... is riding in high rpm's specifically rough on the stator? I know it's rough on the bike in general, but does it specifically hurt the stator when doing so?

THE BIG QUESTION IS...

would a bad stator cause my headlights not to turn on!?
A bad headlight relay or diode would also cause your headlight to not turn on. It could also be one of the many spliced connections that the diode and the relay need that could have broken off.
indr is offline   Reply With Quote