View Single Post
Old January 11th, 2018, 06:25 AM   #10
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by adouglas View Post
BTW, that 5th gear roll-on thing from TOTW II... very few corners I've encountered actually require such a thing, at least at the speeds I ride. If I'm cornering in 5th it's because the corner is really just a kink in a long straight. But I get that it's more for illustrative purposes, to highlight the relatively gentle nature of the acceleration that's called for.
SPOT ON!

Well, 2a is finalizing your entry speed and 4a is a smooth continuous roll throughout the remainder of the turn.

What do they have to do with each other?
A common issue riders have is to overbrake for a corner or become complacent with their current comfort level. An easy fix for that rider of a bigger bike is to make it up with the throttle midcorner and on exit. You noticed that Ken doesn't do that and I am not saying you overbrake either. It's just an easy example to show relevance.

So how aggressive does his throttle roll NEED to be? If you get your entry speed perfect how aggressive with the throttle do you NEED to be?
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote