View Single Post
Old January 12th, 2018, 11:33 AM   #21
Ducati999
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Ant

Motorcycle(s): Ducati 999 2012 Ninja 250r Ducati748 Yellow finally running 2003 SV650 S (SOLD)

Andrew,
I have less experience than you except one place and it may help. Look at the video of my crash, You can hear how aggressive I was with the throttle and also how abrupt I rolled on! That should give you some idea of how much load the tire can take. I was leaned over quite far and moving about the same speed you do thru the same line/turn. Like you said before there is quite a bit more grip than you think as long as you apply power slowly (slower than I did) and smoother (than I did!). You should realize that you can add quite a bit more acceleration that you are at that same point and then apply that to other turns.

Also about your fear of high side crashes. Should you ever break free the rear like I did, there is little fear of the high end crash as long as you stay on the throttle. Chopping the throttle will allow the tire to hook back up and that's where the energy of the high side comes from, stay on the power and you will just fall 2 ft and slide where your gear will protect you!
Ducati999 is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.