View Single Post
Old September 13th, 2011, 04:35 PM   #128
forbitel
ninjette.org member

Name: telecom

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r

bprayogo, man, what a sweet looking bike you got right there!

I only noticed a power drop at the top end during the first couple ECU firmware, after some updates, I did't see any more power drop. Like you said, I was an early adopter too, and had to go through several firmware updates to make it work like i want it, thankfully Matt was always in top of the game providing me with updates really quick. Hopefully that will help new adopters to obtain the latest firmware with all those fixes already implemented . I mentioned that my bike was totally stock, not exhaust or intake mods, so maybe for a highly tuned bike like yours it will need some more tweaking.

Sorry if I state the obvious, but did you check if you are running lean at the top end? 36 HP for this engine sounds like you highly modified you intake and exhaust for lower flow restriction which usually leads to lean condition if you don't supply more fuel. If that is the case, and running in RICH mode is not enough, you might be suffering of inappropriate injector sizing.

The supplied injector size (80g/min = 10.58lb/hr) is good to up to 34HP (in theory at least)

http://www.gtsparkplugs.com/InjectorSizeCalc.html

So for 36HP or more you might need injectors with higher flow rate.

Of course this is just my humble , I'm not a Pro Tunner by any chance, just trying to help.

Let me know if you find out more about it,
Forbitel.
forbitel is offline   Reply With Quote