View Single Post
Old June 19th, 2014, 05:22 AM   #37
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
i still don't remember, has anyone physically confirmed that the 250 and 300 caliper mounting geometry are the same? I suspect they are but it is always nice to see someone actually check?

Hey Jay, I am thinking since I am the only one getting the brembo caliper there is no point to make me a new one. The one I have works perfectly fine, the alterations that were suggested were just to cover all ends for other potential buyers.

and just FYI, everything is still working great. Everything seems to be bedding in and my chatter is gone and everything feels good, just need to get to a track so I can really test the limits of this set up.

Thanks again Jay, perhaps I will come up with some other odd ball mod that I will need help with and I will again come knocking once again.

One thing for the people interested in the radial Tokico, as Rojo pointed out in my caliper thread, the radial caliper should be a lot easier to make and Jay should have no problem getting it perfect. Plus the bite of the pads on the caliper can be changed simply by adding or removing shims unlike the axial caliper.

Oh yeah, one other thing! Not sure about it, but since the calipers are radial, the left and right side calipers would be the same right? Unlike the axial, the left and rights are different so you can not use a left on the right. I have not verified the radial lefts and rights are the same but it makes sense in my head but if so, good deals could be had, often you can but a set of radials (2 calipers) pretty cheap, since ninja only needs one, the buyer of the 2 could sell one here to another member.

Just something to keep in mind to save a few extra bones!

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote