View Single Post
Old July 7th, 2016, 12:26 PM   #16
EternalNewb
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: S

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250R, 2007 Ninja 650R, 2001 F650 Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
How so? Or I will be patient for the update, your choice.

Now, as a tinkerer... There is no problem at all with modding things just to make you "happy" just because. Honestly, I just wanted to throw in a check and balance to ensure your working toward goals or just modding for sh*ts and giggles. The difference is pretty major, imho.

Have you ever thought about this mod, how about getting a spare set of wheels with rains mounted up? So the rain days are just as much as a benefit as the dry days. How about wheels with stickier tires so you can push some of your buttons and the bike soak up any errors that might be made.

If your just scratching the itch to make things better, might I recommend some pit bull restraints to make the loading/unloading much easier. There are tons of mods that can be done to make your experience much better.

Levers optimized for your usage?
Maybe put the stock seat back on and shave it to what works better for you at the track.
You happy with your grips?
Can you feel the swingarm moving around? Do you even want to feel that? Perhaps take off the heel rest on your rear set so you can put your heel directly on the swingarm to feel it.
Maybe you want more feel for steering? Tapered bearings are NOT the be all and end all, but they ARE an improvement.
Since you have put $$$ into tuning of the power bits, how about the suspension bits? You have aftermarket shocks/springs but have you had them tuned to what works best for YOU?
How about your gear? Maybe there is something there that you could optimize to make your experience better?
And quite honestly, going to and from the track is something left out much of the time. I didn't really understand it fully, until I got a new sled that was quiet and comfy that had plenty of pulling power. Or.... maybe a new trailer is in your future since you're becoming more of a "track day rider". Don't arrive tired like I did for so long... even seat covers with more padding go a long way, and in more ways than one.

The list of things to spend your money seems endless, deciding what you really want is the hard part.
Not to thread-jack, but this is such a useful diagnostic list for anyone planning on modding their bike.
EternalNewb is offline   Reply With Quote