View Single Post
Old May 2nd, 2012, 11:36 PM   #9
as10o5
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Austin

Motorcycle(s): None yet

Going to look at a bike tomorrow.

Hello, everyone.

Greetings from San Diego, CA. Weather is awful with "May Grey" overcasts but I hope it will clear by the time I get a bike.

I am new to this forum and definitely interested in the Ninja 250s as my first. I haven't ridden a bike in what feels like a long time.

I am checking out a bike tomorrow and the guide up at the top of this thread is truly helpful. Unfortunately, I don't have a friend available to come check out the bike with me so I guess I have to look around on my own. Any last minute tips can give me would be greatly appreciated. I don't have the cash at hand at this time so I won't be able to ride it but I can take a look at the maintenance records and hopefully I can see it's on track [or as close to it as I think it should be].

A couple of questions:

- If I were to purchase this bike, would I ask to meet him at the DMV to change ownership of the title, register the bike, and all that? How does it all work after we agree on a deal? Do we sign a bill of sale or something like that?

- I've also asked my credit union for a loan (I got approved). Most likely I'll pay it off before the maturity date (no penalty). Do they turn that into a cashier's check or...?

Any more insight before I go, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
as10o5 is offline   Reply With Quote