View Single Post
Old September 15th, 2020, 05:04 AM   #34
Onekallo
ninjette.org member

Name: Andrew

Motorcycle(s): 06 ZZR-250 - 05 ZZR-250

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
Looks like stock setting is 1.5-turns out on mixture screws.

All over the place because you keep on adjusting idle-screws. Leave those alone and learn to use choke lever.

1. Cold start - 3/4 to full choke to start. If idle too slow, increase choke. If idle too fast, decrease choke. No change in idle-speed adjuster necessary.

2. Once started, adjust choke-lever for 3-4k RPM. If idle too fast, decrease choke. If idle too slow, increase choke. No adjustments to idle-speed necessary. Start your ride

3. In 5-10 min, if you stop, reduce choke again to lower idle-speed to 2-3k RPMs. If idle too high, decrease choke. If idle too slow, increase choke. No adjustment necessary on idle-speed screw.

4. 10-15 min, of turn choke full off after bike’s warmed up.

That’s it! Never ever need to adjust idle-speed knob. It’s all done conveniently and quickly with choke lever.
Thanks DannoXYZ.

I will try this method on the way home.

Since I have been adjusting the idle-speed knob excessively, I am not sure where it currently is.

Is there a base setting for that, or is it completely irrelevant?

Example; is the factory setting a certain number of turns off bottomed out, or does your method apply no matter the current position of the idle-speed knob

Please don't take this as me not trusting or believeing in your method, I just want to make sure I am following it as closely as possible to achieve the proper results.

Thank you again to everyone for all of the assistance. Once again, truly appreciated.
Onekallo is offline   Reply With Quote