Thread: Sidi boots
View Single Post
Old January 1st, 2013, 11:54 PM   #1
Warstrider
ninjette.org member

Name: Vlad

Motorcycle(s): none yet (deposit for Ninja 300 ABS)

Sidi boots

I am looking to buy a pair of sidi boots. Sidi has good reputation and their boots are made in Italy (as opposed to china, India etc. for other brands) thus better quality.

I am a new rider. Still have not taken my msf course. I plan to buy a motorycle in march and practice for a while before commuting to work. I will plan commuting for the most part during non rainy weather during spring/summer/fall. Also will try to do track and group rides.

I do not think I need to get full size boots - not practical. I want to be able to walk around the office/and short trips out of the office. I am thinking half size boots like sidi air traffic or sidi apex boots. Leaning toward traffic air as they look more as regular boots with good protection. How these boots feel during colder weather and hot weather? Is protection for these close to full size boots?

What do you also think of smaller riding boots like sidi nitro or sidi street burner?
Do you think they maybe I should get these smaller riding boots first as a new rider?

I think sidi air traffic can be used for commuting, walking short distances, on track, good ventilation during hot weather and warm enough for colder non-rainy days. Seems most practical choice.
Warstrider is offline   Reply With Quote