Old April 20th, 2015, 05:51 PM   #12
Baron
Urban Legend

Name: Baron

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R SE - Circe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Ninja View Post
Lee,

You could not possibly believe that a $60 eBay helmet is of the same quality as a helmet made by a manufacturer with years of research, development and experience under their belt. Yes, you can find low cost "crash-worthy" helmets - HJC, Scorpion, Bell and other accredited manufacturers make plenty. But how can the $60 you paid possibly be enough to cover the cost of materials of this "quality" helmet as well as marketing costs, testing costs, licensing fees, eBay fees, shipping fees, etc. and still make the seller money? The true cost of such product is probably under $10 (if that) from a mass producer overseas. You may need to re-evaluate the worth of your head my friend as I think you are the one misinformed.

I'd say look for closeout deals and sales on websites, you might not get a flashy one but can probably get something that is of good quality and not that expensive.

Last I checked HJC CL-Max 2 Zader Helmet was on sale for $127.99.
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/h...2-zader-helmet

Look around I am sure you'll find something good.