View Single Post
Old September 29th, 2021, 02:31 PM   #63
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

interesting ! in my days that sort of reaction is not getting the right Pot for the job ! LOL....I used linier wound pots mostly as their what was supplied with most of the kits I got. I built a 555ic timer chip into a 757 ic amp chip to make a audio amplifier for CW work with a real tight filter in it... put it in a box and all that good stuff and used it for years on CW.... Morse code was my thing back then. But sense I didn't add any protection circuits to it I found out years later it damaged my hearing.... anything at around 1000hz is way down in hearing for me .... and I told the Doc I know what did that ! but sense I am hard of hearing on every scale now it really doesn't matter that much ! HAHAHAHA
(too many motorcycles with no mufflers ! ) that boom you hear from the exhaust covers a very large spectrum and the talking frequency is in that !
so I say "What?" alot now ! if it wasn't for my Wife I'd have to have hearing aids ! .... she is my interpreter LOL....
Forest M. Mims was the best Author for electronic projects back then....
Radio shack carried his books.... I had dozens !
...then I got into Gyrocopters and never looked back ! only flew mine 1' off the ground once.... but had fun rebuilding the gyro 3 times !
later !
Bob....