View Single Post
Old March 19th, 2016, 08:58 PM   #20
Mike K
ninjette.org guru

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Ninja 300 track bike, 2007 Suzuki GSXR 750 track bike, 2002 Yamaha R6, 1995 CBR600RR f3 track bike

Continued:

Pic 13 & 14: The installed shock. To get the GSXR shock in you have to drop the rear wheel and swing arm. It doesn't drop right in. You have to get the right angle and finesse it a bit. The top of the shock will hit the plastic but you don't need to cut away any more than I did. Once you have it in just about the right spot just whack the top of the shock a few times with your hand. The plastic pushes up enough to let the shock drop in.

I put the top shock bolt in first then the bottom. You may have to move the bike up or down with the jack to line up the holes. Same goes for the dogbones. If you have to use a lot of force you are not lined up properly. Space out the dogbones using washers as spacers. The GSXR spring is a larger diameter so you have to space the dogbones out some. I used lock nuts throughout. If you don't then I'd suggest some locktite.

Overall I'd say that if you can change your own oil without ending up in the hospital then you can do this conversion. Just be smart and keep safety in mind. Make sure that the bike is stable. You're laying on the ground next to it for most of this. If it falls on you it will hurt.

Summit Point here I come!!