View Single Post
Old March 31st, 2016, 11:21 PM   #37
Somchai
Freedom for Germany

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R-FI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike K View Post
That first one is 45 pages long. Have you read through it? If so can you give me the Cliff Notes version?
To be honest I have to say 'No' I didn't read it all, since I'd already read so many of all those websites, I'd want you to read and find out what's the best for you by yourself and not rely on my recommendation.
And as the first before talking more about this, if you need them for a race bike then buy them only here: https://www.spearsenterprises.com/ - there you get them race-ready, Ricor by themselves sells the normal street-version.
When you go this route then it is very important to start with the Intiminators only and DO NOT change the spring before you'd ride your bike!!!
Please let me add the following that after I'd read so many about suspension setup on motorcycles (before I only did cars and never touched a motorcycle), I found out the best way for me to go with was the FEGV's since there is more chance to adjust them like I want them.
And let me advice the following to you: Don't rely too much on the recommendations from others - everybody likes it different.
Those guys have bought a product and from that moment on (the time one spend his money) this product is the best and everything else will not be the same level of quality.
I did what was recommended on all those websites and at least ended up with not the best possible setup, my oil-weight was too high since everybody recommended 15W.
So to make the story short, my setup was better than oem but a compromise only until I'd meet a guy who did more than 20 years of setting up the suspension from Kwaki-Racebikes.
He took my bike for a testride and after that made a what I can say professional setup with 10W-Oil and many changes and what's important to say, a not too stiff spring (that's what everybody in the web is talking about and recommending since I guess the knowledge must be limited to that part only).
About springs please read here: http://www.peterverdone.com/archive/springs.htm
Note: "The correct spring is the softest spring available, that is able to support the bike and rider under the hardest of braking/accelerating while still leaving some room for the system to travel if a bumb is encountered in this state."
So please read on as many websites as you can (not for Ninjettes only!), look for a real expert and tell him what you want - than you'll get what you want and need (and yes, it will cost some money, but it's worth it).
Somchai is offline   Reply With Quote